[SOLVED] Problem with a Nvidia GTX 1070 card

Jul 16, 2021
this might a real bummer, I had my PC on, we were having a big thunderstorm and the power blinked briefly. Went back up to PC and the Displayports on the 1070 don't seem to work. The HDMI is okay, haven't been able to test the cable yet as I don't have any other Display port devices (laptop, other PC). Yes I did have my rig connected to a Surge protector and maybe it failed.
Anyway to test the Nvidia? I keep reading there are no diagnostics from Nvidia. With the market being what it is I hate to think about having the replace the card now, but the HDMI on COD:MW and WZ is not as good.

Solution
surge protector wont save anything from thunderstorm, they are ment to protect devices for normal electric current spikes, you will need surge supressor, they are installed on house mains
combined with surge protector on outlets, that will keep surge protector working during thunderstorm
surge protector wont save anything from thunderstorm, they are ment to protect devices for normal electric current spikes, you will need surge supressor, they are installed on house mains
combined with surge protector on outlets, that will keep surge protector working during thunderstorm

Solution
Jul 16, 2021
Ugh! I know you're right about this, I looked into a whoie home suppressor years back but was spendy. Afraid my card got zapped during that blip. Looks like it fried my Audio ports too, crap! No time to be looking for a new Graphics card.