[SOLVED] Problem with Acer Aspire 5 Slimline Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Route66Fan

Commendable
Mar 31, 2021
I have a Acer Aspire 5 Slimline Laptop that I am trying to fix up. When I bought it, it was missing it's HDD, RAM & LCD screen & most of the LCD screen assembly. When I put a 1TB HDD & 16GB RAM in it & hook a external monitor up to the HDMI port, I can occasionally get it to display a "No Bootable Device" message, due to the HDD being unformatted, & I can also get it to sometimes show the post screen & UEFI\BIOS menu. However when I hook up a replacement LCD screen & assembly to it, I get no video signal on either the LCD screen or external monitor. Could this be a problem with the UEFI\BIOS?

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to arm yourself with a bootable installer for Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tools. Use that to try and install the OS on the laptop while on the external display. Speaking of external display, are you using a screw driver to place atop of the magnetic hinge and then using the power button to power the laptop?

It'd be a good idea to see if the laptop has BIOS updates pending, if you're able to get into BIOS.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to arm yourself with a bootable installer for Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tools. Use that to try and install the OS on the laptop while on the external display. Speaking of external display, are you using a screw driver to place atop of the magnetic hinge and then using the power button to power the laptop?

It'd be a good idea to see if the laptop has BIOS updates pending, if you're able to get into BIOS.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.