CPU AGENT +0.200
CPU ANALOG +DIGITAL +1.50
INPUT VOLTAGE 1.850
2133 XMP
running fine 10 hours X264 10X Real Bench
AIDA 64 bench test + 2 hours stress test
had voltage set to manual
l
change it to adapitve after watching JJ from Asus saying its fine if you dont use synthetic stess test like ADIA 64 + Prima95

but now getting v-core of 1.360 and core VID 1.360

i run a bench mark on Rome 2 totalwar V-core 0- 1.312 .... VID CORE1 - 1.361
why is this?
First screen Real Bench
Second rome 2 totalwar

http://imgur.com/B14LRB5,NOB1Z68#0
http://imgur.com/B14LRB5,NOB1Z68#1

thinking of going back to manual so dont get big voltage spikes

ihog

Distinguished
Bad? Not necessarily, but your CPU's life will definitely be shortened. Will you ever notice or upgrade before the CPU kicks the bucket? Maybe not.

I personally have SpeedStep enabled so that the CPU clocks down when it isn't in use and then ramps up to the manual voltage and frequency I set when necessary.

Baralis

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010

Any program that uses AVX instructions will override voltage settings by as much as 0.1V if using any voltage settings other than manual. This is by design and normal but one must be aware of it particularly when OCing.

commandosupremo

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
Why would you run real bench all the time anyways? I highly doubt that most gaming or real world applications utilize AVX to the same extent that stress testing programs do. If you've used prime95 you will quickly note that it gets the cpu hotter than just about anything else out there. I wouldn't say avoid it unless you stay with adaptive and you don't have the little bit of temperature or voltage overhead to handle the extra bit of voltage and temperature the additional draw will give you.

If this is a concern to you, switching to manual solves the problem with few and minor disadvantages over adaptive.

I dialed in my overclock manually and switched to adaptive because I could tell an ever so slightly less power consumption and temperature output but I made sure to leave enough headroom on the voltage that if it decides to draw that extra .1V for AVX that I'm not in the danger zone. I also wasn't going for extreme OC either though, I set a frequency target, reached it and stopped. So our goals may be different.