Problem with ADATA External HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenixsb5

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010
hey guys. hope you're doing fine.
i had a very bad problem. and i wanted to you help me with that.
i've got an ADATA Classic CH94 external HDD. and i've got a whole lot of stuff in it, so please don't suggest that i should format it.
the problem is that when i plug in my HDD it says that i should format it. and there are just two options (1: Format, 2: Cancel).
so please help me with this problem. how can i enter my HDD without formatting it?
thank you all.

Is this drive something that you have been using all along? Did something happen to cause it to respond like that or was it just one day you went to use it and you got the message? With the drive pluged in have you gone into disk management to see if the drive shows up there and what the status is? With the message that you got it sounds like for some reason there is no longer a partition on the drive and all hdd's need to be partitioned in order to write data to it. You can try this free software to see if you can recover any data from your drive and untill you try all options don't format or overwrite any data tom the drive.

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

cubeboy

Honorable
May 29, 2012

See you had the same problem as me. Did you manage to fix it as I've lots of data I now can't access.
Yjanks

arianvc

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
I have the same problem , ADATA CH94 classic , not working , and lots of important stuff saved in it , borrowed to friends , they ruined it and gave it back !
with testdisk I can access deleted files and copy them but i can't get main files, is there a way to access regular files?
windows takes a while to recognize it , does not get the size and other properties , after opening it hangs and then says "The parameter is incorrect" or "the disk is not formatted yet , do you want to format it?"
linux says "can't read superblock"
i think the partition table is ruined or something like that.
how can i fix it and get my data back?

Jaap van oosten

Reputable
Feb 26, 2014

if your drive still shows a drive name in explorer f.i. E:
I once could repair the CH94 using dosbox chkdsk /f e:
1 year ago since then all was fine no data lost

until recent again a problem
this time worse explorer was trying to access the drive it took very long
then I/O error message came
and this time I failed to repair

dr fran

Reputable
Apr 23, 2014
I have 2 HD710's
I bought the second because I thought the first was a lemon. My problem is that that the usb cords do not stay tight. thus, the connection is intermittent, sometimes does not work at all and sometimes tells me to format. I ignore the format error message. I hate to say this, but I am moving all my data to another external hard drive because the time it takes for the ADATA to work properly, (if I sit and hold all the connections tightly and reppeatedly attempt, eventually it connects) is ultimately a waste. THere are so many other products that can do this job with out the hassles. Sorry.

Chekmte

Reputable
Aug 2, 2014
Dude, there is a way to read a HD when all else fails. This method will work only if ur HD's detectable. Try the "cmd" way and if that doesnt work, then run a free OS like Linux or Ubuntu from a flash dsk and try the disk help solutions on it. Personally i'd recommend Ubuntu cuz its worked for me.

Attilio_49

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016

I had the same trouble with an external HDD ADATA "classic CH94".
After a lot of stressful attemps I solved the problem... simply changing the USB cable!

Status
Not open for further replies.