Apr 21, 2023
Hello guys.
I recently purchased new PC. Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 7800x3d
CPU Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 240mm
MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming B650M-Plus WIFI
GPU: MSI Ventus 3x 4070ti OC
PSU: Gigabyte UD750GM
I have a problem with my AIO/Motherboard. When PC is booting I get a CPU fan error. It says to make sure CPU fan is plugged correctly or it is too low RPM.
In the BIOS all of my fans are N/A, even the radiator and pump. I cannot change RPM on any of them. My radiator fans are spinning I would say like 400 RPM.
AIO is plugged in CPU_FAN header, I even tried plugging it into AIO header but I get same results.
Temperatures I get while using PC (not gaming) are 50-65 degrees celsius so I guess my AIO is working but at really low RPM.
I would like you to help me if you have any clues...

A motherboard wants to know that you have a working cpu cooler installed.
One method is to check the fan connected to the cpu fan header, and to see it running at 500rpm.
Sometimes the default fan speed profile in the bios starts below 500 rpm.

If there is aaio pump connector, that would also need to be running, normally at a constant 100%

Reactions: CountMike
Apr 21, 2023
I tried plugging it into the AIO pump header and it's working the same. Seems to work at like 200 RPM.
I also tried my old ryzen cooler and it is detected immediatly in BIOS and it lets me control RPM.
I have no idea is it AIO problem or MB problem?
Cooler is working on the lowest RPM and I can't control speed.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
From the manual for that AIO system it appears there may be only ONE cable to connect to a mobo fan header. I am guessing that the two RAD FANS have cables that plug into sockets on the rad, and they are thus fed from the PUMP unit by wires along the hoses. Is that right?

There is an important item often NOT mentioned in manuals for systems like this. You are told to plug that one cable from the PUMP into the CPU_FAN header. They do NOT tell you an important item for how to configure that header. See your BIOS Manual for that mobo here

on p. 76, the first item of CPU Q-FAN Control. You can choose one of three settings for the MODE. Set this to PWM Mode, NOT to DC or AUTO. Your AIO system needs the receive the PWM signals for control of the RAD FANS PLUS the pump needs a constant +12 VDC power supply to run at full speed all the time. If you leave this set to AUTO (the default), the system will decide that the item connected to that header (the pump) is an older 3-pin FAN and will always reduce the power fed there to slow down the "cooling fan" for a cool system. Setting it to PWM means the PUMP will actually get the full Voltage it needs AND the Rad Fans WILL receive a speed control PWM signal so they can do their job properly.

Note that the CPU_FAN header will show you the speed of the PUMP unit (because that's the only speed signal it will receive) in BIOS Setup, and you will not "see" the speeds of the Rad Fans anywhere.

Regarding your CASE Vent fans, you should "see" their speeds ONLY if they are plugged into mobo CHA_FAN headers. If they are connected instead to some separate fan "hub" unit, it is likely their speeds will not be reported anywhere.

With those coolers pump doesn't report RPM nor it is adjustable for speed, Only fans can. Pump cable should run thru one of the hoses and connect with fans. Depending on the version they all can be connected in daisy chain or have own leads. You can try disconnecting pump from others and plug it in AIO_PUMP header on the MB and fans In CPU_FAN or connect just one of them. Judging by those low speeds you say fans are running it looks like you have them somehow connected in series instead of parallel.