[SOLVED] Problem with AMD 5 3600x temps

Jul 9, 2020
I need help. I Just got into PC building and i bulit a brand new PC by myself. I noticed that CPU temps are a little bit high while gaimng and also they were jumging around all over the place. The temps were somewhere in 73 to 85, it depends when it jumps. So i need help to fix it, maybe tweak the power settings or put the fans deferently. Im sorry for bad writing. It would be amazing if someone could help me via discord. :)

Solution
So could the problem be with the power settings or should i buy a new cpu cooler? And before i bought the new fans my temps were steady on the CPU, but with the fans they are jumping around but a bit cooler, while the case isnt hot at all.

The problem is from your cooler. Stock coolers aren't good. It will work, and it should be safe to use the stock cooler as long as your temperatures aren't hitting 90c or higher. But I would still recommend a better cooler because those stock coolers will run your processor hot.

When it comes to the temperatures bouncing around that's common. The newer Ryzen processors like to do that. What matters is the highest temperature you see your processor reaching. The highest you said so far was...

Furzumz

Reputable
Im using the stock wraith cooler, highest temp was like 86 but only for a split sec
And i do not know how to put my fans in my case, i mean the best way.

Stock coolers usually aren't that great, its normal for them to run processors on the hot side. They're usually "just good enough" in cooling capability, not much more.

Not to say that its dangerous to use a stock cooler necessarily...just that your processor will run warm. The max temperature for a 3600x is 95C so as long as you're not hitting into the 90's it should be fine but I'd still recommend eventually getting a better cooler if possible.

How many case fans do you got? Whats that setup like?

Jul 9, 2020
Stock coolers usually aren't that great, its normal for them to run processors on the hot side. They're usually "just good enough" in cooling capability, not much more.

Not to say that its dangerous to use a stock cooler necessarily...just that your processor will run warm. The max temperature for a 3600x is 95C so as long as you're not hitting into the 90's it should be fine but I'd still recommend eventually getting a better cooler if possible.

My case is MSI Industrial metropolis pro, and i have 3 140mm outtakes from the back and the top and 2 120mm in the front

Furzumz

Reputable
My case is MSI Industrial metropolis pro, and i have 3 140mm outtakes from the back and the top and 2 120mm in the front

I'm not a expert on case airflow but I would assume the two fans in the front of the case should be blowing air INTO the case while the rest of the fans should be blowing air outside of the case

If it came with case fans already installed that's probably how its already setup

Jul 9, 2020
I'm not a expert on case airflow but I would assume the two fans in the front of the case should be blowing air INTO the case while the rest of the fans should be blowing air outside of the case

If it came with case fans already installed that's probably how its already setup
Sorry the two in the front are intakes.

Jul 9, 2020
The front fans should be okay then

The rest of the fans should be outtake fans blowing hot air out of the case
So could the problem be with the power settings or should i buy a new cpu cooler? And before i bought the new fans my temps were steady on the CPU, but with the fans they are jumping around but a bit cooler, while the case isnt hot at all.

Furzumz

Reputable

The problem is from your cooler. Stock coolers aren't good. It will work, and it should be safe to use the stock cooler as long as your temperatures aren't hitting 90c or higher. But I would still recommend a better cooler because those stock coolers will run your processor hot.

When it comes to the temperatures bouncing around that's common. The newer Ryzen processors like to do that. What matters is the highest temperature you see your processor reaching. The highest you said so far was 86c which is hot but not dangerous so you can use the stock cooler if you want to but I recommend picking up a better cooler when you can.

Solution
Jul 9, 2020

When it comes to the temperatures bouncing around that's common. The newer Ryzen processors like to do that. What matters is the highest temperature you see your processor reaching. The highest you said so far was 86c which is hot but not dangerous so you can use the stock cooler if you want to but I recommend picking up a better cooler when you can.
https://m.gigatron.rs/kuleri-i-oprema/aerocool-ventilator-cylon-4-rgb-actc-cl3041001-363227 is this one good enough?

Furzumz

Reputable

I don't have much experience with coolers so I couldn't give a good recommendation. But that Garett fellow posted some links earlier

This page in particular he linked seems to have a big list of coolers:

Keep in mind the size of some of these coolers. The "tower" coolers are big in size, so you have to make sure there's enough room in your case to fit one if that's what you get

https://www.techspot.com/article/1880-ryzen-3600x-vs-3600/

Yes.

The 3600 has about a 90 watt TDP. The Aerocool is a 120 watt, so it will work better than the stock cooler. A 150 watt TDP rating would be better.

Ryzens like to stay cool to keep the cpu core boost higher and not throttling down due to higher temps. Keep Ryzen's cool and they run like champs. Get a good cooler. The stock cooler is really a poor choice by AMD. It's insufficient when gaming.

I had the Wraith Prism on my 3800x for about a week. Nice cooler but kinda loud when3800x was gaming. It worked but they boxed that with the 3900x's and that was a pretty poor decision as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dimi3je and Furzumz
Jul 9, 2020
https://www.techspot.com/article/1880-ryzen-3600x-vs-3600/

Yes.

The 3600 has about a 90 watt TDP. The Aerocool is a 120 watt, so it will work better than the stock cooler. A 150 watt TDP rating would be better.

Ryzens like to stay cool to keep the cpu core boost higher and not throttling down due to higher temps. Keep Ryzen's cool and they run like champs. Get a good cooler. The stock cooler is really a poor choice by AMD. It's insufficient when gaming.

I had the Wraith Prism on my 3800x for about a week. Nice cooler but kinda loud when3800x was gaming. It worked but they boxed that with the 3900x's and that was a pretty poor decision as well.
The Aerocool one that i showed is a 145w tdp?