DDroid

Commendable
May 11, 2019
Hello all,
I just built a new rig for gaming and my daily work:

AMD Ryzen 3600x
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
MoBo MSI B450 Gaming plus Max
16 GB RAM DDR4 Corsair Vengeance pro (2x8GB)
PSU Corsair CX650M 650W
Liquid cooler Corsair H80i v2
Three 120 mm fans (one that came with the case and two Corsair sickleflow)

I can game with my new rig for hours at High / Ultra settings with somehow decent temperatures (CPU: 50-55 Celsius, GPU 55-65 Celsius), but the problems starts when I try to work with it. Photoshop lags horribly (I have tried several settings in the performance section) and three times that I have had two or three apps or I had tried to perform some tasks (email, browser and other, for example copying pasting or even opening a new browser window) the PC has frozen and I have had to reset the machine.

I find this extremely odd. Why with games like Assassins Creed Odyssey or even Red Dead Redemption 2 at Ultra settings I do not have problems but with other applications my PC hangs? Perhaps it is trying me to quit my job and dedicate only to gaming? (big LOL and I only wish I could do that) But now, seriously, any idea on why this could be happening?

I will appreciate any insight. Thank you!

Solution
If your games work properly but your apps crash, it's probably a software problem. I'd do a disk check, to make sure there's no corrupted sector(s) on your drive, then reformat and reinstall.