Question Problem with any drives connected via SATA

a.a.yacoubi

Commendable
Jul 19, 2018
Hi,

So, i just built a computer (the config is below) and I've been having problems with every drive i put in it. At first i had just a 240gb SSD where i installed Win10 and ran couple tests and benchmarks,later i decided to restart my computer and to my surprise it booted to the BIOS, so i had no idea what had happened there and after trying couple stuff with no luck, i decided to try reinstalling windows, to my surprise the SSD showed up and it was completely unallocated. i just reinstalled everything and a week later i got a NVME M.2 SSD where i cloned the SSD and after 2 days the SSD got unallocated again luckily this doesn't seem to affect the M.2, so the next day i got a HDD and i just put random stuff there couple hours later, same thing happened with the HDD it got unallocated. at this point i'm not sure if it related to the SATA controller in the motherboard or maybe its the PSU i tested the drives they were good so i don't believe its the drives.
Forgot to mention that when i have either the ssd of the HDD connected i get about 1 sometimes more BSOD with the error (driver power state failure).
I'm wondering if anyone had the same problem or know whats going on.
Any help is greatly appreciated

Config of the Computer:
CPU :
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
MOBO: Gigabyte B450M aorus Pro wifi
RAM : 16gb Trident Z 3200mhz
GPU : Gigabyte RTX 2070 OC
PSU: Corsair HX850W
HDD: seagate barracuda 1TB
SSD: kingstone 240gb SSD
M.2 SSD: WD black 500gb SSD

Thanks

Last edited:
"got a NVME M.2 SSD where i cloned the SSD"

You could have a problem if the cloned drive was not NVMe. NVMe (non-volatile memory express) is a host controller interface and storage protocol created to accelerate the transfer of data over a computer's high-speed Peripheral Component Interconnect Express (PCIe) bus.

TRENDING THREADS