4funz

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
About 20 days ago i got a new PC with APU a8-3870k. It was working great until i started getting BSOD.

I got it 6 times in those ~20days.
4 times while playing 4 different games and error was 101 (this is vcore error, but as i did not overclock i am not sure why am i getting it).
2 times last night while watching youtube, and error was 07E. After the error when i rebooted i got "AML install device" (or something like that) console. I did update to the latest ati drivers, as soon as i got the PC and i checked last night, there are no new drivers.

Also 2 times i had problem with soundcard, both times while playing games. I would just hear some strange spamming sound (English is my second language so i am not sure if i am spelling it right but it was something like "trrrrrr") and then all sounds just stop until i reboot.

I did check temperature with few different programs, all show that it does not go over 36-37C. But strange thing is that they all show that while idle, or just working with browser(no flash) it's 10C or under, is that normal?

I runned prime95 3 times for 7-8h, and no errors, i also runned some GPU test software and nothing.

I do have warranty but if i take it to the shop i probably wont get it back (or parts replaced) in a few days :( so i would like to troubleshot it before i take it to the shop.

4funz

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
Hi,

Thank you for suggestion. I did BIOS update and it seems it did help. For 3-4 days i did not get any vcore error, but i did not get to test it longer before after 3-4 days i went to the store where i got the PC and i was told to try 32-bit version of Win7.

Now about 15 days after installing 32-bit Win7, i did not get EVEN one blue screen.

So, after BIOS update i did not get any vcore blue screen for 3-4 days but in that time i was getting at least 2 times a day 07E blue screen, reporting problem with ATI drivers and issue with sound stop working continued.

Anyone have any idea what could be the problem? I have issues ONLY with 64-bit Win7

TRENDING THREADS