Question Problem with Asus E210KA

avz3

Commendable
Jan 8, 2022
Hi, I have a brand new Asus E210KA laptop. I've started to set it up and ran into a problem. first, I was asked to set the country I'm in, then I was asked to set the keyboard layout. then came up the Wi Fi set up. on the screen appeared my Wi Fi network and a blue colored button with "connect" on it and that's when it all stalled. clicking the button yield no response and I'm not able to exit this screen or reset it somehow. turning the laptop off didn't helped either, since when I turned it on again, it returned to this screen. if you can offer me an advice how to cure it, so that I'll be able to continue the setup, it will be a great help.

May 7, 2024
To shut down Windows while it's in the setup you need to hold down the power button and then pull down the slider. Clicking it once just puts it to sleep. You can also try Shift + F10 or Fn + Shift + F10 to open a command window and enter oobe\bypassnro to bypass the networking phase of setup (however, your issue may be a sign of corruption with the Windows installation so I would only try this if you are uncomfortable with performing a reinstall as described next). If that doesn't help, I would try a clean install of Windows if you have another computer and a flash drive available:

Navigate to the Microsoft website and download the Installation Assistant for your desired version of Windows (10 or 11). Insert your drive and open the downloaded application. Select the option to write the image to your drive. Once that's done, plug it into your new laptop, shut it down, and boot from the flash drive via your BIOS menu or one-time boot menu. In the installer, select custom partitioning and delete all partitions from bottom to top. Then, install Windows in the unallocated space (which should be the whole drive).

If that doesn't work I would consider invoking warranty depending on what the issue is.

Last edited: