asusboyx3

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013
Computer Specifications
i7 8700k
ASUS Maximus X Hero ( WiFi)
2x8GB Team T-Force / Night Hawk 16GB 3200mhz
GTX 1080

I recently bought an open box ASUS Maximus X Hero Wifi Ac from Newegg and it was certified working. I recently set up my computer outside of the case and it ran without any problems.

Everytime when I connect the NZXT H500 front panel connectors to the FPANEL it will instantly turn on the computer and turn off within 3 seconds. I have tried troubleshooting the problem. Checking if standoffs are shorting the motherboard still nothing.

I even took off the FPanel cable and used the self start motherboard button and the computer booted up just fine. No problems at all. When I plug in the FPANEL connector and press the power button on the case it doesn't respond. However, when I plug the FPANEL connector back after pressing the self-start button on the motherboard it will show the H500 Power light on the case but then the PC instantly shuts off after 3 seconds.

I have read the motherboards manual and looked at the Q-Code error codes.
I've tried narrowing down the error codes still no luck. Orange light says its a DRAM Issue according to the manual.
Here's a video of it running in action - https://youtu.be/ai9_YgXSFho

At this point I do not know what to do. I really don't want to send back this H500 to Newegg and pay for shipping and wait a week for them to ship another.

Solution
If you have multimeter- you may measure resistence between wires of START button of your PC Case. It must be shortcuted (3 sec shutdown always from that).