[SOLVED] problem with asus x570-e motherboard

Aug 15, 2020
I switched from an intel-6600k recently to an amd 3700x and for the most part it has been great. BUT, every 2 weeks or so, my second m.2 slot (where my games are) wont be detected. i restart the pc, and it now takes significantly longer to boot up, meaning something is probably going on with my first m.2 slot (the boot drive) too. the second m.2 still isnt detectable. so I have to go into the pc, remove the graphics card, remove some onboard fan cover, remove the m.2 heatsinks, and reseat the drives. then i boot back up and everything works fine. for a while. is this a faulty motherboard? or is there some pcie 4.0 setting that i do not understand?

Solution
I switched from an intel-6600k recently to an amd 3700x and for the most part it has been great. BUT, every 2 weeks or so, my second m.2 slot (where my games are) wont be detected. i restart the pc, and it now takes significantly longer to boot up, meaning something is probably going on with my first m.2 slot (the boot drive) too. the second m.2 still isnt detectable. so I have to go into the pc, remove the graphics card, remove some onboard fan cover, remove the m.2 heatsinks, and reseat the drives. then i boot back up and everything works fine. for a while. is this a faulty motherboard? or is there some pcie 4.0 setting that i do not understand?
Does your mobo have the latest bios apprently this is common without the bios update.
Aug 15, 2020

Does your mobo have the latest bios apprently this is common without the bios update.

Solution
Aug 15, 2020
my bios was from 5/12/2020, and i just updated to the 8/4/2020 version. hopefully this fixes it. its been doing it for as long as ive had the motherboard (5/15/2020), so hopefully this bios update addresses the issue?

my bios was from 5/12/2020, and i just updated to the 8/4/2020 version. hopefully this fixes it. its been doing it for as long as ive had the motherboard (5/15/2020), so hopefully this bios update addresses the issue?
Yes hopefully this will help the m.2 ports keep they'r connection with the card. I would assume it was probably the script miss reading and then the card dropping out.