Problem with Athlon II X2 250

nunezz

Reputable
Apr 21, 2015
Hey there. I have AMD Athlon II X2 250 but when I install it computer doesn't work. All the fans are working but there's no signal to monitor.. just black screen.
My motherboard is AsRock 880GM-LE FX with latest BIOS.
I am currently with FX 6100 and it's working fine. Any ideas ?

Best regards, Ivo. :)

nunezz

Reputable
Apr 21, 2015
There's no broken/bended pins.. and yes the CPU is used but it's working fine on another computer. :/

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Are you plugged into the on-board video or a graphic card? If you mistakenly plugged the monitor into the on-board video, there probably WILL be no display as long as there is a gfx card in the PCIe x16 slot. Double check that. It can happen.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Yes, it can work with the on-board video, just like your FX-6100.
If you get a display with the FX-6100, but not with the Athlon, all I can assume is that the Athlon is defective. What was the "other" computer the Athlon worked in?

nunezz

Reputable
Apr 21, 2015
Well I didn't paid attention at the "other" computer but it worked fine.. i saw it :/ When I got my mobo 880GM-LE FX and plugged FX-6100 it was the same thing.. no signal to monitor.. but after 1-2 restarts it worked... but Athlon II X2 250 doesn't work.. dafuq is happening :D

nunezz

Reputable
Apr 21, 2015
Yup. But FX-6100 did this problem only once.. now its working fine no matter how many times I'll unplug and plug it again..

TRENDING THREADS