[SOLVED] Problem with Athlon X4 950 and Motherboard BIOS PROBLEM

Nov 26, 2018
Hello, i have a problem with Athlon x4 950 i can`t find any motherboard work for that CPU, i tried with ASUS Prime 320M-K which is supported, but actually is not working at all(also i tried with couple of motherboard and all time is black screen), so at that point i think its something wrong with that CPU and i order another one (the same one x4 950 at 3.8GHZ...), and nothing happened, so after that i used another processor to run configuration (Ryzen 2600x) and update BIOS i thought that will help me but nothing happened stil i can`t get even a blink or beep code. So is there any solution to this.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
[strike]The Athlon x4 950 is a socket AM3 CPU. The ASUS Prime 320M-K is a socket AM4 motherboard. These 2 devices are 100% NOT compatible[/strike].
Updated to reflect correction from below. Thank you. :ouimaitre:

The Ryzen you mentioned is compatible, if the proper UEFI/BIOS update is applied BEFORE installing the Ryzen 2600x.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-A320M-K/HelpDesk_CPU/

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador

Actually the Athlon II X4 950 is a AM4 CPU, AM3 CPU's won't even fit in a AM4 slot.
https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/7th-gen-amd-athlon-x4-950

X4-950 (3.5GHz, 4C, L2:2M, 65W,rev.A1,AM4) Valid since 0217 Which was at launch

There is no reason why It's shouldn't work, that CPU is supported by every single AM4 MB by default since Ryzen launched. Did he plug in the CPU power connector or have another compatibility issue on the board like RAM?

COLGeek

Cybernaut

You, sir, are correct. I learned something new today. Thank you.

Nov 26, 2018

Yea, but i tried with another one (same X4 950)... i mean what are the chance that 2 CPU are defective.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Nothing comes to mind right now. Both CPUs are listed as compatible. The 2600x works, two different 950 CPUs don't. This implies a compatibility issue, assuming there isn't an issue with the 950 itself.

When you had the 950 installed, did you reset the BIOS to its default state?

Nov 26, 2018

I had like 4017 Version of BIOS and i plug in 2600x and update it and again try it with 950 and.... i have an idea trying to version of first supported bios for him do you think its something what i should try.. i am just not sure how i` am gonna bring back to the latest version if that not working at all