Question Problem with audio channel on ROG Strix 370 Gaming motherboard.

kristodian

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
I am using Asus ROG Strix 370 Gaming motherboard. My speakers plugged in at the back, into a audio socket, and my headset plugged into front with the microphone. I've been using only the headset for couple months.
Recently I discovered that my right speaker was a lot quieter then the left. Tryed to figure out if its a hardware problem.
Headset plugged in the back socket is giving the same problem with the right channel.
Speakers plugged into front work fine.
So I guess it is a software problem ( maybe some kind of update ruined the sound drivers.
Would like somebody to help me fix this issue.
Thanks

kristodian

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
Try the suggestions in this how to guide.

Sadly nothing helped.
I've noticed one more thing. Before that issue occured I had both speakers plugged ( in the back ) and headset ( at front ) and could switch between them in windows sound without replugging. They were named "Speakers" and "Headphones" respectivly
Now when I plug in speakers in the back ( with the audio channel issue present ) and then plug in headphones, I dont seem to have two options to choose from. Sound passes on to headphones and I cannot change it back to "speakers" again because it seems like it occupies the same place on the list of sound options. This also could have happened after I tryed installing Realtek driver from Asus website.

TRENDING THREADS