Problem with audio

Can anyone help me out? I am running Windows XP home
edition and had to reformat the hard drive from ground
level. Ever since then I don't have any sound except what
little beeps come out of the CPU. I have a flat screen
monitor with built in speakers. The device manager lists
my sound driver as an Avance logic AC97 v.5 driver.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Michael

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/Michael Hurst/ said:

> Can anyone help me out? I am running Windows XP home
> edition and had to reformat the hard drive from ground
> level. Ever since then I don't have any sound except what
> little beeps come out of the CPU. I have a flat screen
> monitor with built in speakers. The device manager lists
> my sound driver as an Avance logic AC97 v.5 driver.

Check this first...
http://kellys-korner-xp.com/top10faqs.htm

"Where did my sound go?"

--