Problem with backspace

Zak Hutchinson

Reputable
Feb 25, 2015
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I didn't see another more relevant forum.

Anyways, in Outlook 2016 my backspace key is messed up. When I press it a bunch of times, sometimes the cursor will pause and not show a character as deleted. If I wait a couple of seconds, it will eventually move the cursor and delete the key. But if I know where the cursor should be, I can type and it immediately replaces the character with the new one, instead of deleting it right away and then replacing it. It's a very annoying problem because sometimes I don't know how many times I pressed backspace so I don't know where the cursor should be, and I have to wait longer than I would normally need to to finish typing an email.

I think I've only noticed this problem with Outlook so far. I certainly haven't encountered the problem while typing this post.

Also, Filter Keys is turned off so it isn't that.

GlynRD

Reputable
Mar 12, 2015
I have the exact same problem. I have tried the settings solution without success.
The backspace will delete the 1st 2 characters instantly and then wait a second before deleting the 3rd character. This is only seen in OL2016 and is consistent.
Any ideas please?