Problem with Battlefield 3 (560 ti SLI)

xperator

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
Hi,

I just bought another 560 ti and did the SLI. But There is something wrong with the Battlefield 3! The game Can't run in SLI. It runs at 5-10fps and is barely running.

I tried other games and did some benchmark there was no problem with them at all. I don't know what's wrong with BF3... !? :??:

specs:
Windows 7 64bit
CPU : I5 2500k OC @ 4.5ghz
RAM : 8GB
PSU : 720W
New card : Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti OC @ 900
Old card : Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti UD @ 822

EDIT : I just tried Disabling SLI and see if it works But It's the same. Maybe something went wrong with game configuration after SLI ?

xperator

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009

I did what you said and It worked ! ;) But after 1 min the game crashed and the screen went black and I had to manually restart.

So it seems it's the game's issue ? I thought something is wrong with my cards or psu :)

BTW the game had good scaling with 2 cards, with 1 card it was running at 40-55fps without AA and ambient. With SLI setup I turned on 2xMSAA and Low AA processing + Ambient and got over 70fps !

Edit : I tried story mode this time, after about 5-6 mins it started stuttering and went crashed again! I changed AA to 4x and High AA processing + High Ambient and It was around 60-70fps . This is a god damn good SLI setup :bounce: I can't wait them to patch up the driver/game to fix this. :sarcastic:

EDIT 2: I found where the problem is coming from, It's actually the voltage which seems to be very low on every 560 Ti OC edition. I read somewhere in the Bios of 560 Ti the voltages are set too low and is not enough for DX11 games. So it needs to be updated. I just went into Gigabyte website and got the latest Bios. Now the game is running fine in SLI. Note that there is still some stuttering in some part which seems I need to set voltage a little higher. And Crashes are gone.

xperator

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009

By bios I meant the bios of the VGA card not the Mobo. Anyway my Mobo is Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3

First I installed Easy Boost, Backed up my current 560 Ti's Bios and went to gigabyte website and got the newest Bios.
My 560 Ti's old Bios was F21, So I upgrade to F22.

BTW are you having the same situation as me ?

slopshua

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
Yeah I was... I found the VGA bios and updated it and that fixed the problem. But its started crashing again :( even with the bios update! Have you had any other problems since you updated the bios?

xperator

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
As I said before the are no more crashes, But I am still facing the stuttering problem in some part which the fps drops to 30 otherwise its constant on 60 with vsync on.

I am not sure if it is the driver/game problem or not But it seems the cards are having hard time in those stutter times. Maybe the game is too much for them ? :)

slopshua

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
Yeah maybe.. I must admit, although this issue is driving me insane the game is freaking awesome. Better than I expected, just wish I could run it stable. According to Easy Boost my bios version is F13.. Not F22 like yours though?

loneninja

Distinguished
Can't comment on the SLI issue on battlefield 3 but they've got a whole mess of bugs to work out. Numerous people cannot even play the game, they keep crashing. I personally lose mouse/keyboard input for CoOp but can still play the regular multiplayer. Hopefully they patch the game soon with fixes. Could be issues with the game engine too as Battlefield 3 is the first game on the new Frostbite 2 engine.

He_Laughs

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011

I am also using a gtx 460 sli setup. But I'm having a shot ton of problems. Bad frame rate, green and blue flickers. When I run each card individually, I can run the game with medium/high settings with a solid frame rate. When I run sli, it's. straight hell. I used GPU Z to check out what was happening and I saw when one card is running at 700 MHz, the other would drop to 50MHz. : (. I tried to use ntune to overclock them both to 700, that didn't work. And my PSU is a 750 watt, so that's not the issue. I would appreciate any help people!

jk47

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
The game is real effed up.

I've got a good system, but had to turn off hyperthreading on my CPU because it caused stuttering. AND its the only game that causes my CPU to overheat, lol.

TRENDING THREADS