Question Problem with BIOS Flashback on MSI board ?

Shane_79

Reputable
Jul 27, 2017
I just bought a new 3700x as an upgrade from my old Ryzen 3 2700. The CPU LED turns on indicating there’s a problem but I’ve checked the connections I’ve reseated the CPU.
I just found out I need to update the BIOS but I don’t have the old CPU anymore, so I’m using the BIOS flashback utility on my MSI B450 Pro Gaming but It doesn’t work.
It flashes 3 times and turns off. I’ve followed everything here: View: https://www.reddit.com/r/MSI_Gaming/comments/cdyr9l/for_all_the_people_with_bios_flashback_issues/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

It uses the same motherboard and I think it’s the same situation.any other ideas? the only thing I haven’t tried is a new USB

It uses the same motherboard and I think it’s the same situation.any other ideas? the only thing I haven’t tried is a new USB
The most common problems using BIOS Flashback, in no particular order:

Extract the BIOS (binary) file from the distribution.
Rename the BIOS file to the correct name.
Format the USB flash drive in FAT32.
Locate the renamed BIOS binary file in the root folder of the USB flash drive.
Use the correct USB port on the motherboard back panel.

And lastly...try different USB flash drives as it's can be picky about the ones it likes. I've also read where high-capacity drives can give it troubles so try a low capacity drive, especially an older one.

Also give it enough time to complete, be patient.

Last edited:

Shane_79

Reputable
Jul 27, 2017
UPDATE: I got it to work.... I think? I started flashing multiple times my pc turned on and now my PC is on the the BIOS Flashback LED in the static state do what do I do now?