[SOLVED] Problem with BIOS on a Mini-ITX board ?

Nov 2, 2021
I just build a PC with a MSI Mini-ITX B450I Gaming Plus AC, and a Ryzen 5 5600X processor, I knew this cpu wasn't compatible with that motherboard until I updated the BIOS, but I can't update the BIOS because the PC can't turn on, and the flashback option is only available in ATX format.
What can I do to update the BIOS and have a working PC ?
omegle
Thanks

Last edited:
I just build a PC with a MSI Mini-ITX B450I Gaming Plus AC, and a Ryzen 5 5600X processor, I knew this cpu wasn't compatible with that motherboard until I updated the BIOS, but I can't update the BIOS because the PC can't turn on, and the flashback option is only available in ATX format.
Thanks
First try to get help from the seller of your new motherboard to see if they will update BIOS for you.

If you fail in that, AMD has a loaner program where they ship you a CPU to update BIOS. You have to return it of course.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

Other than that: getting a loaner from a friend can also do it. Without knowing the exact BIOS it's on a 2000 series CPU would be most likely to boot into BIOS to let you do the update. A 3000 series CPU should work if the board was manufactured and distributed since they were launched in mid-2019.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanna_Montena
Thanks
First try to get help from the seller of your new motherboard to see if they will update BIOS for you.

If you fail in that, AMD has a loaner program where they ship you a CPU to update BIOS. You have to return it of course.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

Other than that: getting a loaner from a friend can also do it. Without knowing the exact BIOS it's on a 2000 series CPU would be most likely to boot into BIOS to let you do the update. A 3000 series CPU should work if the board was manufactured and distributed since they were launched in mid-2019.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanna_Montena

ASK THE COMMUNITY