Question Problem with boot looping

Jul 10, 2019
Hey I have a problen with my computer. It turned off and when i tried to turn it back on it was boot looping i tried everthing. Replacing the cmos battery, trying a new psu, striping it down to the minimum components (cpu,1 ram stick and,motherboard)
Heres a video for more information
My specs are
Intel i7 3790
Rtx 580
16 gb of ram(2, 8 gig sticks)
MSI Z97 pc mate
650 EVGA 80 PLUS psu

Any help would be appriciated. I just reallh hope its not the motheboard.

What are the PSU's you tried? This usually is a PSU issue, and if the PSU is definitely fine, then the next culprit is, unfortunately, a core component - CPU or motherboard.

It could also mean your previous PSU died and took other parts with it, in which case going to a hardware store and asking them to test the parts individually would be the best option.

Jul 10, 2019
What are the PSU's you tried? This usually is a PSU issue, and if the PSU is definitely fine, then the next culprit is, unfortunately, a core component - CPU or motherboard.

It could also mean your previous PSU died and took other parts with it, in which case going to a hardware store and asking them to test the parts individually would be the best option.
I tried a evga 430 watt 80 plus. It worked just fine at the time of the replacement(got the 650 for my new gpu). The 650 also seemed to be working fine until this point. Is there anyway i could test the parts myself. I still have my old motherboard with the 1150 socket. Could i just put my cpu in there to narrow down the issue?

I tried a evga 430 watt 80 plus. It worked just fine at the time of the replacement(got the 650 for my new gpu). The 650 also seemed to be working fine until this point. Is there anyway i could test the parts myself. I still have my old motherboard with the 1150 socket. Could i just put my cpu in there to narrow down the issue?
You can't really test anything if your PC doesn't boot, except for trying each part in a different PC or a different part on your PC. The 1150 motherboard will not fit your CPU, it works on 1155 socket only. Try borrowing parts from a friend if possible, especially a better PSU and a different motherboard that is compatible with your CPU. Also, there is no i7 3790, it's either 4790 or 3770, the 4790 does indeed work on LGA 1150, but it might still nto be compatible, it depends on the chipset. Please clarify what CPU you have.

Jul 10, 2019
You can't really test anything if your PC doesn't boot, except for trying each part in a different PC or a different part on your PC. The 1150 motherboard will not fit your CPU, it works on 1155 socket only. Try borrowing parts from a friend if possible, especially a better PSU and a different motherboard that is compatible with your CPU. Also, there is no i7 3790, it's either 4790 or 3770, the 4790 does indeed work on LGA 1150, but it might still nto be compatible, it depends on the chipset. Please clarify what CPU you have.
It is a 4790 I messed up while typing my specs. Sorry and thanks for advice, ill let you know how my testing goes when i get a chance to do the tests