Question Problem with boot on old Unika Pentium D 2,66Ghz

Feb 20, 2023
Hi,

An old Unika desktop from 2006 has an PSU issue.
I've changed the PSU. But now it won't boot anymore.
I tried to boot on USB stick, but still stucked.

No beep. Just a POST code on screen. cf screenshot
I already flash CMOS, reset to defaults, change memory stick, disconnect all items not revelant.
Did I miss something?

I didn't find any information about this code.
So I came here to share my problem and perhaps someone encounters same issue and solved it.

Motherboard: https://www.ecs.com.tw/en/Product/Motherboard/RC410-M2_V1.0/specification

Thanks

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2023
If that 190Gb disk is the usb stick then try a much smaller one and keep in mind that not all bios back then supported usb boot..

Also show the boot options from the bios menu.
Thanks for your advice.

No, I've plugged back the HD.

I'd tried with several Linux distribution 64bits or 32bits with Rufus and BalenaEtcher to create the bootabe USB stick.
On a USB 2, 4 GB generic USB stick.

Regards

Thanks for your advice.

No, I've plugged back the HD.

I'd tried with several Linux distribution 64bits or 32bits with Rufus and BalenaEtcher to create the bootabe USB stick.
On a USB 2, 4 GB generic USB stick.

Regards
The mobo has sata ports, do you have a spare sata disk?
You can run VMware on your current system (run as admin) give it access to the whole disk, careful to select the right disk, and then install whatever OS you want in the VM.
For any windows after it copies the files and at the point it tells you to reboot to finish the installation, instead you shut the VM off and put the disk in the old system, it will continue the installation for the hardware of the old system.

Of course the easier method would be if you have a optical drive so that you can install XP from a cd.

Feb 20, 2023
The mobo has sata ports, do you have a spare sata disk?
You can run VMware on your current system (run as admin) give it access to the whole disk, careful to select the right disk, and then install whatever OS you want in the VM.
For any windows after it copies the files and at the point it tells you to reboot to finish the installation, instead you shut the VM off and put the disk in the old system, it will continue the installation for the hardware of the old system.

Of course the easier method would be if you have a optical drive so that you can install XP from a cd.

I wil try to boot on a working SATA HD.
But I have big doubts, because nothing is booting.

And I will try with a spare motherboard.
I give you more informations soon.

Thank you