[SOLVED] Problem with booting to bios. Mobo shows ram error on compatible ram

Aug 13, 2020
So I have recently been attempting to build a pc, and after buying ram I put it in only to see a ram error. The website ive used shows that this ram is compatible but i am wondering if i need a bios update.
Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU:GT 610 (i know im gonna get a 2060)
Mobo: ROG Strix B-450-F gamer
ram: oloy md4u083016bjda
thank you!

Solution
So I have recently been attempting to build a pc, and after buying ram I put it in only to see a ram error. The website ive used shows that this ram is compatible but i am wondering if i need a bios update.
Specs:
thank you!
There are several bios updates to improve Ryzen 3000 compatibility even though it will run on 2301. I would update the bios.

Also, I do not see your memory on the Motherboard QVL, so perhaps you saw that it was compatible from the memory manufacturer? Check the timings and Vdimm, it may need 1.35V.

RealBeast

Titan
Specs:
thank you!
There are several bios updates to improve Ryzen 3000 compatibility even though it will run on 2301. I would update the bios.

Also, I do not see your memory on the Motherboard QVL, so perhaps you saw that it was compatible from the memory manufacturer? Check the timings and Vdimm, it may need 1.35V.

Solution

RealBeast

Titan
All I saw was pcpartpicker said they were compatible, also, side question is there get 610 support for windows 10
They are not very reliable on Ryzen memory, as it is much more complicated than other part selection. It not only depends on the the memory and motherboard but also the specific CPU. I would exchange it for memory that either the motherboard or memory manufacturer have tested and placed on their QVL for Ryzen memory.