Hello guys, recently I have built new gaming PC:

Ryzen 7 5800X
Asus Rog Strix X570-E Gaming Wifi II
Zotac Gaming RTX 3070 Ti Amp Extreme Holo
NZXT Kraken X53
Thermaltake Toughram RGB 4x8Gb 4400MHz
Kingston 2TB KC2500 M.2 NVMe SSD
Asus Rog 750W

The problem that I have is that system won't boot with 4 sticks of ram, so I took out 3 and left one and managed to get to my bios. Changed ram speed, turned on DOCP, and installed windows 10 pro 64bit. After that I plug other 3 ram sticks back in MB and it won't boot again. So I have been trying to run it with 2 sticks still nothing. Somehow got I running with 1 stick of ram again and went to bios to try to change voltage of ram, apparently Asus won't let you change anything for that matter so I started searching answers on forums and still can't find anything. Also I have the latest bios version so no update needed.

The error codes I get from motherboard are D6 which is ram/GPU error, 9E firmware error but it can run with it, and error code 30 which I got after letting PC go to hibernation. Also one long and 3 short beeps. Sometimes after turning off PSU PC boots sometimes it won't.

Can anyone help me?

Solution
They came in pairs, 2 sticks in 1 box.
So not a 'kit' of 4 but two 'kit's of 2 sticks/pairs? If so this might be the issue. Mixing RAM even from same manufacturer with exactly same specs that do not come in a package as a 'kit' is always a gamle and not guaranteed to work.

Yes I have tried adding ram one by one to the slots, PC recognized them. But after restart same problem.
Not exactly what I meant, maybe I should have worded that better. I mean did you test all sitcks in that slot one at a time to check if system works with either of the 4 in single mode?

If they're indeed two packs/kits of 2 sticks you should try finding the ones that were paired to gether (serial numbers) and use them in slots B2 and A2, 2nd...

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums!

What BIOS version do you have?

Did the 4 sticks of RAM come as a 'kit'? That is did you purchase all 4 of them as a 'kit' in one package?

Have you tried all 4 RAM modules in the correct slot one by one to make sure they all work, or you tried the to boot and BIOS and Windows install with the one? You can use a bootable USB of memtest86 from here to test RAM sticks one by one and see if they have errors. Number of errors should be 0 otherwise RAM is bad.

Reactions: Loconorte
Apr 10, 2022
Welcome to the forums!

What BIOS version do you have?

Did the 4 sticks of RAM come as a 'kit'? That is did you purchase all 4 of them as a 'kit' in one package?

Have you tried all 4 RAM modules in the correct slot one by one to make sure they all work, or you tried the to boot and BIOS and Windows install with the one? You can use a bootable USB of memtest86 from here to test RAM sticks one by one and see if they have errors. Number of errors should be 0 otherwise RAM is bad.

Bios version is 4202, that is also latest version from Asus official site, when you go to download it.

I have installed windows with only one stick.

Yes I have tried adding ram one by one to the slots, PC recognized them. But after restart same problem. All 4 sticks are good as far as I can tell, PC recognized them, they light up when plugged in... And all components are compatible, that is the first thing I checked when I was buying them. But I will try to test them again just in case.

Also sometimes it doesn't let me boot even with one stick of ram.

Last edited:

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
So not a 'kit' of 4 but two 'kit's of 2 sticks/pairs? If so this might be the issue. Mixing RAM even from same manufacturer with exactly same specs that do not come in a package as a 'kit' is always a gamle and not guaranteed to work.

Yes I have tried adding ram one by one to the slots, PC recognized them. But after restart same problem.
Not exactly what I meant, maybe I should have worded that better. I mean did you test all sitcks in that slot one at a time to check if system works with either of the 4 in single mode?

If they're indeed two packs/kits of 2 sticks you should try finding the ones that were paired to gether (serial numbers) and use them in slots B2 and A2, 2nd and 4th slots from CPU. See if system works with either pair, at a time.
Also sometimes it doesn't let me boot even with one stick of ram.

Single module/stick should go in slot A2, 4th from the CPU.

Solution
Apr 10, 2022
Yes 2 kits of 2 pairs. They have lifetime warranty if nothing else it's easy to return if I can't make them work.

It's my fault I didn't explained it good, sorry English is not my first language it sounded better in my head. Yes I have tested them one at a time, sometimes I just get beeps and error code, sometimes it boots itself. I didn't pay attention with what stick it works right away and with what I have problem.
If they're indeed two packs/kits of 2 sticks you should try finding the ones that were paired to gether (serial numbers) and use them in slots B2 and A2, 2nd and 4th slots from CPU. See if system works with either pair, at a time.

Single module/stick should go in slot A2, 4th from the CPU.
I will check them how they are paired and put them in pairs in slots. Thanks for advice I totally forgot about that from all stressing...

As soon as I try that, I will update.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Yes 2 kits of 2 pairs. They have lifetime warranty if nothing else it's easy to return if I can't make them work.
Yes that's basically mixing RAM and there's no guarantee they play nice together. They're basically same RAM with exactly the same specs but there are slight variations on different modules and that's why manufactorer packs the ones that are known to work together as 'kits'. It's random really, sometimes they work, sometimes they work with minor issues and sometimes like in your case they even refuse to boot.

You can keep a pair that work together at the speed and return or sell the other pair for now. If you really need 32GB you should get a 4-stick 'kit'.
It's my fault I didn't explained it good, sorry English is not my first language it sounded better in my head. Yes I have tested them one at a time, sometimes I just get beeps and error code, sometimes it boots itself. I didn't pay attention with what stick it works right away and with what I have problem.
Yes you can exchange them with 2x16GB or 4x8GB that is on motherboard QVL for RAM here. The RAM in the QVL are the ones that Asus actually tested on the board and they're known to work. I personally would go with 2x16GB which is on the QVL.

Apr 10, 2022
Yes that's basically mixing RAM and there's no guarantee they play nice together. They're basically same RAM with exactly the same specs but there are slight variations on different modules and that's why manufactorer packs the ones that are known to work together as 'kits'. It's random really, sometimes they work, sometimes they work with minor issues and sometimes like in your case they even refuse to boot.

You can keep a pair that work together at the speed and return or sell the other pair for now. If you really need 32GB you should get a 4-stick 'kit'.

Yes you can exchange them with 2x16GB or 4x8GB that is on motherboard QVL for RAM here. The RAM in the QVL are the ones that Asus actually tested on the board and they're known to work. I personally would go with 2x16GB which is on the QVL.
So quick update.

I checked serial numbers, they all come one after another, 25,26,27,28. Those are the last 2 digits from the rams and on the boxes the pairs are 25&26, 27&28.

So rearranged the ram positions, inserted them in sockets in pairs, 25 in 2nd socket and 26 in 4th, 27th in first and 28th in 3rd socket. Powered up the PC and now I get error F9 code which is ram problem, which according to the manual can be resolved with hard reset of the bios, and after that carefully inserting ram sticks one after another and trying to boot every time I insert the one new stick to the MB socket.

So I will try that, any suggestions and tips are welcome in meantime.

Reactions: Satan-IR
Apr 10, 2022
Ok so update.

Good news I managed to fix things, at least for now everything works. Rested the bios back to basic version, updated it. PC booted few times so it supposed to as they say. Got notification on start to press F1 to boot it and to enter bios settings, so I did. Didn't touch anything, just made sure that MB recognizes all 4 ram sticks which it does, end that's it. Restarted my PC now it's working and updating softwares.

I hope that this is over, I will reset it again after software update, and turn it completely off an on again. I will update later.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
I was away and just came back. OK then. I'm glad it worked. You can use HWiNFO or CPU-Z to see if the RAM is working as it should (correct speed / dual channel mode etc).

You can also use software like Prime95 to stress test the system in Windows and see how it behaves. To see if it's stable and eveything is OK. Just keep an eye on temperatures while you're doing it.

Good news I managed to fix things, at least for now everything works. Rested the bios back to basic version, updated it. PC booted few times so it supposed to as they say. Got notification on start to press F1 to boot it and to enter bios settings, so I did. Didn't touch anything, just made sure that MB recognizes all 4 ram sticks which it does, end that's it. Restarted my PC now it's working and updating softwares.
Probably running at 2133mhz now.

Apr 10, 2022
I was away and just came back. OK then. I'm glad it worked. You can use HWiNFO or CPU-Z to see if the RAM is working as it should (correct speed / dual channel mode etc).

You can also use software like Prime95 to stress test the system in Windows and see how it behaves. To see if it's stable and eveything is OK. Just keep an eye on temperatures while you're doing it.
Yes I checked it with CPU-Z, it was ok but it was running on lower frequency, 2133MHz. After all software updates I have restarted the PC but same problem again. D6 code shows up, 1 long beep and 3 short ones.

Probably running at 2133mhz now.
Yes it was, but after software updates and restart same problem again. D6 error code and 1 long and 3 short beeps.