Hi

This Is my PC spec:

CPU : Intel 6700K ( no OC)
Ram: Gskill 2x8 GB 3600 CL18 Trident z Royal
Motherboard : Z270 Asus maximus ix code
VGA : XFX Rx580 8GB (no OC)
Power : Cooler master 650 W
Cooler : Deep Cool malestorm 120

i have this pc about 2 year without any problem since now and i didn't change any hardware in my pc at all since i have it.

i get BSOD watch dog time out error randomly when i play games and in aida 64 i just get hardware failure check when checking FPU test. ( no error for other tests)

the thing is when i disable the XMP in motherboard and set it on auto mode ( ASUS overclocking auto mode ) in bios the pc works fine and i don't get Fpu test error but even when i change the CPU clock ratio manually when auto mode is on and set it on 42 the problem happens again . i noticed in auto mode and XMP mode , the motherboard set clock ratio to 42 ,the processor cache frequency and max Core frequency are same on both modes Except the Dram frequency , in XMP bios will set it to 3600 but in auto mode it set it to 2133 but i can raise it to 3200 without any problem but in 3600 system can not boot up kinda strange because it can boot up when xmp is on with 3600 Dram frequency .
the only thing i notice is that in stressing softwares when i let mobo set CPU ratio auto too the package TDP is about 100 Watt and i get thermal throttling too ( Temp About 90-100 Degree) but no BSOD or FPU test error but when i set the clock ratio to 42 ( same as mobo set it on auto mode ) or in XMP mode my pc package TDP is about 80 without any thermal throthelling ( Temp about 70-80 Degree) but i get BSOD errors and FPU test errors.

Last edited:

aligalaxy.stars

Reputable
Feb 3, 2018
hi, your CPU supported ram speed is 1866 or 2133MHz, if you start overclocking (going above supported ram speed), it may affect system stability
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...-8m-cache-up-to-4-20-ghz.html#tab-blade-1-0-3
it is already in 3600 without xmp profile and works fine (auto mode) and btw even 7700k can support 2400 according to intel website so why we have mobos and rams that released the same year as cpu that support higher and compatible with z 270 chipset?