Question Problem with colors since changing my GPU ?

May 28, 2022
Got wrong colors after swapping GT710 with HD 7750 in one of my PCs. The HDMI output is connected to an S-IPS monitor via HDMI-DVI cable.
The two striking differences are the much darker gamma and a lot of grayish hues on HD 7750. In standard quality videos and thumbnails colors are a mix of desaturated gray and over-saturated primaries (including C,M, but almost no Y). Higher bitrate videos look better, but the skin tones are unrealistic, the only options are dark brown, grayish-orange or gray.

The hue slider (in digital panel properties) changes them from greenish-gray to purplish-gray. Rose pink or yellowish tones do not appear. I cannot see prominent yellows at all.
Also tried GT1030 (manufactured Sep, 2021) in the same setup, the colors are a little bit different, but grayish tones are also prevailing.
Is there a way to solve this problem through color calibration? Does it make sense to update graphics card BIOS? Or is this specific to certain GPUs?

May 28, 2022
After hours of tweaking I was able to at least partially solve the problem. First, I used an HDMI-DVI adapter so that I got a DVI-DVI connection between the graphics card and the monitor (not DVI-HDMI as before). This corrected the dark gamma effect. Then I turned off all color enhancements in AMD video settings and saturation in videos became more balanced. Finally, I turned off hardware decoding in video player which changed the colors a little bit more.

TRENDING THREADS