Problem with connecting via switch

fajlip13

Prominent
Dec 22, 2017
I have switch in my room that is connected to the router, one PC, and a TV station. TV works perfectly fine, while PC doesnt recognize network nor Internet connection, as it cannot get right IP (it gets 169.254.142.201). My router is on 192.168.5.1 and range is 192.168.5.(10-29). I tried with different PC's, different ports on switch, different ports on router, and still the same problem. When I connect any PC directly to a router it gets right IP and everything works just fine, but it just seems it doesnt work via switch. I tried flushing DNS, and similar stuff suggested in various forums, but I can't find solution to a problem. Manually setting the IP address also doesn't do the trick. I just don't know what else to try anymore. Please help???!!! :(

Update: So, I continued to play with switch, and it turns out it's not problem in PCs, it's about TV. I had three PCs (one Desktop and two Laptops) and router connected to switch and all worked perfectly fine, but in a moment I connected TV, all 3 PCs lost connection and only TV worked. All 3 PCs work on Gigabit connection while TV works on 10/100Mbps connection. Is that a reason for the problem I have and can I somehow fix it, or is it time for new TV box?

fajlip13

Prominent
Dec 22, 2017

I tried 4 different cables, still no result.