Question Problem with Creative Game Port Driver and Issue With Minimization

MajorPager

Prominent
Aug 8, 2023
I have a Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS sound card installed in an old Dell computer with Windows 7 on it and I can't get this one driver to work.
I believe the Hardware ID is pci\ven_1102&dev_7003&subsys_00401102&rev_04
Each time I try to install any sort of driver it pops up with the same error, something about a missing INF file or other.
Do I write it off as non-compatible with Win-7 or do I keep searching for a working driver?

Although I ran into another problem, every time I try to play a game, after a couple of seconds it minimizes itself to the desktop and it's quite infuriating. I've searched it up on google and haven't really found anyway to get rid of it. It also does this with regular windows too, except it only unselects them and not minimizes them.

Last edited:
Do you have all the Microsoft .net updates that Windows 7 had at the time. The last place I found them was majorgeeks.com but it's been awhile.

I remember back in the day if you were missing the .nets hell even installing a GPU driver glitched out with no install.

MajorPager

Prominent
Aug 8, 2023
Do you have all the Microsoft .net updates that Windows 7 had at the time. The last place I found them was majorgeeks.com but it's been awhile.
I've got all the updates Windows 7 has ever received including most versions of .Net framework installed.

Although I ran into another problem, every time I try to play a game, after a couple of seconds it minimizes itself to the desktop and it's quite infuriating. I've searched it up on google and haven't really found anyway to get rid of it.