[SOLVED] Problem with desktop

diliptimblo

Reputable
Oct 29, 2018
I have a Dell Precision workstation. It was purchased in February 2018. So it is just three years old. For the last few months, my computer works in slow motion. When I click on something or even when I’m typing nothing comes for quite some time and then suddenly everything happens together like all the alphabets will come altogether or whatever I have selected will open. This problem has been increasing and Yesterday and today this problem was too much. Can you help me identify whether it is a software problem or a hardware problem? And if you do form an idea, please guide me as to the steps I should take to hone down to the specific source of the complaint.

Solution
All modern computers use "virtual ram" to store data when the DRAM modules are filled. That "virtual ram" is actually disk (HDD or SSD) storage and the OS handles swapping data into and out of storage. I suspect you are seeing the results of this swapping activity. The disk, either HDD or SSD, takes a lot more time to read and write data that the DRAM modules.

You need to clean up your disk storage by deleting unused files and any program files you no longer use. There are some tools built into Windows to do this or you can use 3rd party tools. When the machine slows down, take a look at the drive LED on the case. If it lights up constantly for some time that is an indicator that data swapping is going on.
All modern computers use "virtual ram" to store data when the DRAM modules are filled. That "virtual ram" is actually disk (HDD or SSD) storage and the OS handles swapping data into and out of storage. I suspect you are seeing the results of this swapping activity. The disk, either HDD or SSD, takes a lot more time to read and write data that the DRAM modules.

You need to clean up your disk storage by deleting unused files and any program files you no longer use. There are some tools built into Windows to do this or you can use 3rd party tools. When the machine slows down, take a look at the drive LED on the case. If it lights up constantly for some time that is an indicator that data swapping is going on.

Solution