Question Problem with DIMM2 RAM slot ?

Dec 30, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have one complicated problem.

I got a PC. Intalled fresh Windows 10. BEFORE install, I booted PC with 2x4GB DDR3 Ram sticks and it worked fine. Idk why but while installing, I was using 1 stick (cant remember why). Now, when Win10 is intalled. I CANT boot PC if I have any stick on DIMM2 slot. I CAN only boot if stick is placed on DIMM1 slot (one next to CPU).
I checked sticks in other PC. All works.
When I turn on PC, fans are working, HDD is working, GPU fan is working.
But on monitor it say: NO SIGNAL - ENTERING POWER SAVING MODE while PC still work.

What I already did:

-Removed CMOS battery on few minute
-Removed all components then put it back (CPU, all cables from PSU etc.)
-Updated BIOS.
-Updated Windows

Aaaand still nothing.

Anybody have idea what it could be?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

That being said, where did you source your installer for the OS? Include the age of the PSU and the version(not edition) for Windows 10? With regards to your motherboard, it'd also help us two fold if we knew the BIOS version, most people say updated and then come to learn that there was a BIOS version pending or two.

Ralston18

Titan
OP opened a new second thread.

Cut and paste from that thread:

= = = =

Hello everyone, happy New Year!

I have one complicated problem.

I got a PC. Intalled fresh Windows 10. BEFORE install, I booted PC with 2x4GB DDR3 Ram sticks and it worked fine. I took out one stick and installed fresh Windows 10 (I took it out because I hoped that I'll solve problem with glitches. I tried for few weeks to install Win10 but I only got glitches on screen. Odd colors and lines. Tried installing it with USB and CD, and got same) . Now, when Win10 is intalled (with only one stick while installing it) I CANT boot PC if I have any stick on DIMM2 slot. I CAN only boot if stick is placed on DIMM1 slot (one next to CPU).
I checked sticks in other PC. All works.
When I turn on PC, fans are working, HDD is working, GPU fan is working.
But on monitor it say: NO SIGNAL - ENTERING POWER SAVING MODE while PC still work.

What I already did:

-Removed CMOS battery on few minute
-Removed all components then put it back (CPU, all cables from PSU etc.)
-Updated BIOS to 7721v85 version (last one)
- Windows 10 is 1909 version. I downloaded it from Torrent site and installed via USB

Next thing what I'll plan to do is to smash PC with hammer with hope that I'll fix it :)

Aaaand still nothing.

Specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 845 Quad Core 3.5 GHz
Motherboard: MSI A68HM E33 V2
Ram: 2x4 GB 1600MHz DDR3
SSD/HDD: 1TB (IDK model)
GPU: AMD R7 250 2GB
PSU: 560W

Anybody have idea what it could be?

= = = =

Deleting new 1/1/2022 thread.

Ralston18

Titan
My suggestion is to just leave this merged thread intact and open. Closing and deleting this thread in order to create a new third thread will just add more confusion.

Sometimes it may take a few days to garner responses. People do research on the hardware and software involved, maybe search for a remembered/relevant thread by someone else.

In the meantime take a look at the User Guide/Manual for your motherboard:

https://www.manualslib.com/products/Msi-A68hm-E33-V2-Series-4110913.html

Verify that I found the applicable manual. You can also download the manual as a zip file via MSI.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/a68hm-e33-v2/support

Refer to the User Manual to double check all connections and configuration settings.

Hopefully the problem is simply some error of omission or commission.

Lutfij

Titan
Why did you source the installer from an illegitimate place? You're not going to get a response due to using a pirated OS. You can easily get the installer off of Microsoft using Windows Media Creation Tools. Source that from there and then come back to the forums.

Mind stating the make and model of the PSU? 560W doesn't help narrow down much...we will also need to know the PSU's age as well.

Dec 30, 2021
Why did you source the installer from an illegitimate place? You're not going to get a response due to using a pirated OS. You can easily get the installer off of Microsoft using Windows Media Creation Tools. Source that from there and then come back to the forums.

Mind stating the make and model of the PSU? 560W doesn't help narrow down much...we will also need to know the PSU's age as well.
First, I am not sure if my USB works like it is suppose to work. I installed Win10 on my main PC without problems. Then I gave it to my friend who formated USB and installed it via Rufus because he coudnt install it like me who made bootable USB via Win. Media Creation Tool. So I formated it again and made bootable USB via Win.Med.Cr. Tool and tried to install it on this PC which now have RAM slot problem. I got only glitches if I choose to boot PC via USB (without UEFI, just USB name) and Win10 blue screen that said "..... bla bla. We will restart PC for you" with " :( " emoji on the left side, if I choose that PC boot via UEFI: "Name Of USB" In that time, I booted it with both RAM sticks. Then I installed bootable USB via Pirated Site and it now works. Win10 is intalled, buuuuuuut only works with 1 stick inserted.

So, should I upgrade Windows verion to latest, because now I can use PC (with one stick)?

PSU IS: 560W IG-Max, IG-2560

Dec 30, 2021
P.S PC worked before so I doubt that it is PSU. Just to mention:

This PC I took from a guy to repair it. He wanted to install Win10 but he got some error. When I booted it at my place I saw "Windows installion is stopped.. bla bla. We will restart PC for you" and there was just "OK' button. Probably, if I remember, installation suddenly stopped because electricity went off or something like that.