[SOLVED] Problem with DNS not responding ?

LORYT699

Prominent
Apr 6, 2022
Hi,
I don t know if I used the right class forum for my problem so in case is wrong I m sorry.
In another post I was talking about some problem on an old old pc.
One of this problem was that internet connection sometimes goes off, I said that the problem is not my network cause it was good, but a guy was continue in that way soo I gived up.
Now I know what it is, actually the problem is that sometime the DNS does not repond soo my pc say there is no internet.
How do I resolve this problem?

Solution
Change the machine to use 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 as the DNS server. These tend to be the most stable DNS servers.

The default is to use your router as a proxy DNS server to ask your ISP DNS server for data. Both these tend to cause issues.
Change the machine to use 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 as the DNS server. These tend to be the most stable DNS servers.

The default is to use your router as a proxy DNS server to ask your ISP DNS server for data. Both these tend to cause issues.

Solution

LORYT699

Prominent
Apr 6, 2022

ok, thanks.
I ve done but for be safe I will wait 1 or 2 day for pin as solved.
btw does this also speed up the connection? I have 2 pc with gb lan and my net can goes till 2.5gb but I can t reach it on speed test, I go like 900mb/s dl 300mb/s ul and 1 ms ping.
How I could reach the 1gb/s?
I will apprecite if you know the answare

The 1gbit port in the machine can never go above that speed no matter how fast a internet connection you have.

You will generally not see more than 900mbps or so. There is extra data in every packet that allows for example your pc to talk to your router. This overhead data is not counted in the data transmission rates but it actually using up bandwidth. It is purely a issue with how the data is being reported the port itself is actually getting bits at the full speed.

LORYT699

Prominent
Apr 6, 2022
The 1gbit port in the machine can never go above that speed no matter how fast a internet connection you have.

You will generally not see more than 900mbps or so. There is extra data in every packet that allows for example your pc to talk to your router. This overhead data is not counted in the data transmission rates but it actually using up bandwidth. It is purely a issue with how the data is being reported the port itself is actually getting bits at the full speed.
wait, they count only the payload and not the header/checksum? I didn t know that, so I will never see the 1000mb/s screen, basically I will go to a max of(arround)90MB/s

There are multiple levels of overhead.

The ones you see on speedtest are basically the room it takes for mac addresses. When you consider something like data downloads say on steam those only look at the actual data and do not count even the IP headers. Which is why speedtest and download numbers never directly align even after you convert MByte to Mbit

LORYT699

Prominent
Apr 6, 2022
There are multiple levels of overhead.

The ones you see on speedtest are basically the room it takes for mac addresses. When you consider something like data downloads say on steam those only look at the actual data and do not count even the IP headers. Which is why speedtest and download numbers never directly align even after you convert MByte to Mbit
ok thanks, marked as solved