[SOLVED] Problem with downgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 7

Kukata

Reputable
Sep 9, 2019
Hello everyone, I was downgrading a laptop (Asus X540SA) from Windows 10 to Windows 7, but I ran into a problem with the installation. I plug the usb with the windows 7 iso file, but after that i get an error which is saying "A Required CD/DVD Drive Device Driver is Missing". I was thinking of updating the drivers of the laptop or booting it with a CD, but I am not sure what to do exactly. I would be very grateful, if someone could help me fix this problem.

Solution
How did you create the boot usb. You cant just copy files to a flash drive. The easiest is to use a win 7 dvd. Why do you want to downgrade. Win 7 reached end of life and dont get security updates or no updates what so ever.

First check if there is drivers available for win7 for your laptop

Jacozeelie

Respectable
Mar 1, 2019
How did you create the boot usb. You cant just copy files to a flash drive. The easiest is to use a win 7 dvd. Why do you want to downgrade. Win 7 reached end of life and dont get security updates or no updates what so ever.

Solution

Kukata

Reputable
Sep 9, 2019

Firstly I created the bootable usb with the Windows USB/DVD Download Tool. Secondly I want to downgrade to win 7, because a friend of mine asked me to do it. After I read your comment i found the drivers for this laptop ( https://asussupportdriver.com/asus-x540sa-driver-download/ ) and will try do fix the problem.

Reactions: Vanwin