Problem With ds4windows

Jan 6, 2019
I'm using ds4windows with Bluetooth connection for quite some time now, and it working perfectly!(right now I’m using the latest version 1.6.3). but the problem is that ds4windows make windows and games think that I'm using xbox 360 controller so games showing me xbox input buttons (A B Y X) , the thing is most of new games support ps4 controller by default if you connect your PS4 controller with USB cable and not running ds4windows, so I'm just wondering does anyone know how to change ds4windows setting or drivers or something in order to make windows and games think that I connected ps4 controller to my computer by Bluetooth and not xbox 360!?

Solution
The whole purpose of DS4Windows is to emulate an Xbox 360 controller. It actually uses the Microsoft 360 drivers. In other words, you can't change it.
Jan 6, 2019

Thanks for reply. So do you know any sours that I can find PS4 controller driver for Windows? I mean there's Dualshock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor which it has some sort of driver hide inside it, I don't wanna spend 40$ over that , I mean I rather spend that much money for buying Xbox one S controller than just Bluetooth dongle with hide driver inside it!

This is one alternative: InputMapper. There were a few other projects but they all appear to be abandoned/dead. I think most people use DS4Windows.

The DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor is just a Bluetooth adapter. You will still need to run DS4Windows or InputMapper.

Jan 6, 2019

thanks again. my final reply before I pick your first answer as solution , I know that DUALSHOCK®4 USB Wireless Adaptor is JUST A BLUETOOTH ADAPTER, BUT it has some sort of hidden driver inside it which leads most games think that I connected my PS4 controller to my pc by Bluetooth even it let us use headphone jack which is impossible with that 40$ Sony adapter, so all I'm saying and looking for is that particular hidden driver or software or whatever it is ! inside the DUALSHOCK®4 USB Wireless Adaptor that can lead games think I connected my PS4 controller to my pc by Bluetooth and not Xbox 360!

I was being a bit unfair to the adapter. It does allow you use all of the controller's features. It does come with its own drivers. However, it lacks full compatibility with the Windows API unlike the Xbox controller's drivers. It is obvious why Microsoft would make their products work well together. In order to get the PS4 controller to work satisfactory, one solution was to emulate the Xbox 360 controller (DS4Windows). Maybe you should contact Microsoft and tell them to play nice with Sony.

Jan 6, 2019

lol sure I'll tell them! and they'll probably answer by saying please buy Xbox one or Xbox 360 controller, thanks for contacting us, the part you just said " It does come with its own drivers do you think it's possible to find those drivers somehow?!

If you connect the adapter, then the drivers for the adapter will be installed on Windows. The issue is that the PS4 controller is not 100% functional on Windows. You have to use a program like DS4Windows to get it to work with a lot of games. Someone will need to program a more functional Window's driver for the PS4 controller. As far as I know, that hasn't happened yet.