Problem with enabling more dedicated ram to integrated GPU

Ultradihno

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
When i wanted to incrase my ram for IGPU i went in BiOS and then Advanced/Chipset/Shered memory and set it to maximum which is 1024mb i saved the setings and entered Windows but when i checked whats the memory for the igpu it was only 128mb and i tried several times. My processor i5 6500 and the mobo h110 chipset. Can someone help me please .

Solution

You get a graphics card... GTA V needs at least a 650/7770 to run properly even at low resolutions, something like a GTX950 or AMD 460 will only cost you a bout $120 and will let you play 1080p at lower settings.

And I saw youtube videos of unicorns shooting rainbows out their arse. Youtube is like the supermarket tabloids, fun to watch but never to be trusted.

Dedicated vram for igpus means nothing in win 10, don't waste time trying to "optimize" something when it won't help you

1) It's not "disabled", it's that Windows doesn't deal with vram like that anymore.
2) It's not WIndows 10 that's the issue, it's been like that since Windows Vista. Go look up WDDM

You get a graphics card... GTA V needs at least a 650/7770 to run properly even at low resolutions, something like a GTX950 or AMD 460 will only cost you a bout $120 and will let you play 1080p at lower settings.

Solution

1) That was run on an i7 6700, which has 10% faster GPU than your 6500
2) Did you actually pay attention to the video?
3) That video shows you can't even hit 24fps consistently, the absolute minimum before it becomes a slideshow
4) You don't need to change the igpu settings for the game to work