Problem with Enermax 550W

Criminator

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2004
I have a problem with Enermax EG651P-VE (24P). After turning the power on nothing shows on the screen. Moreover, everything that is connected to mobo doesn't work (a graphic card, CPU fan, etc.). Only drive's leads are lighting and case fans are working. Also PSU fans work normally. This is brand new PSU which I bought on ebay without a warranty. Can anyone help me? I will be gratefull for every advice. Thanks in advance.

Criminator

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2004
Absolutely nothing. It smells good:)Like brand new. I forgot to add that also power and IDE leads light normally. Aslo lead that shows that a mobo is powered on is working properly. One thing is commmon to every lead that is lighting, they are lighting continously, they are not blinking.

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Time to buy a cheap tester and check for voltages. I bought one for under 10 bucks. Check your 5vdc and 12vdc outputs. I can't believe a top-of-the-line Enermax would come out of the factory defective, but I can believe that someone on E-Bay would sell you a factory reject with no warranty!

Criminator

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2004
I solved the problem. That PSU has 24 pin power connector (you have to use an adapter to use 20 pin pwr connector)In 20pin pwr connector there was +12VDC missing. There were 2 pins with +12VDC in 24 pin pwr con. but they weren't connected to 20pin pwr connector. +12VDC seemd to be taken from some strange 8 pin female connector, also ATX +12V was connected to this connector. I started to think that I bought some PSU that was only for server mobos. Buy then.... a miracle. I noticed that there is some other 8 pin connector going from PSU that was male one!!! I don't know how could I missed that. For this whole time I thought this connector is the same. I'm blind!! Now everything works great!! Thanks for your advices.