[SOLVED] Problem with fresh Windows 10 installation on laptop ?

Feb 11, 2021
Hello guys i have samsung R610 laptop running Windows 7. I changed the disk to an SSD then i installed Windows 10 using usb pen-drive. After installation succeeded, on first boot Windows stuck at "getting devices ready" then enters restarting loop.
Can anyone help me please ?

Solution
I don't see any Windows 10 drivers for the R610 on Samsung's support site. Last supported OS for that model was Windows 7 so that could be why your having problems.
There are no driver updates for it beyond 2009, and Windows 10 wasn't released to manufacturing until 2015.

I suggest you remove the SSD and put back the HDD which has the original Windows 7 on it.

With laptops especially, you should always check the manufacturer's website for driver availability before changing the pre-installed OS.
Hello guys i have samsung R610 laptop running windows 7. I changed the disk to ssd then i installed windows 10 using usb. After installation succeeded, on first boot windows stuck at "getting devices ready" then enters restarting loop.
Can anyone help me please ?
Sounds like windows faild to install properly recreate the install usb and restart. Make sure you are using legacy mode in bios.

I don't see any Windows 10 drivers for the R610 on Samsung's support site. Last supported OS for that model was Windows 7 so that could be why your having problems.
There are no driver updates for it beyond 2009, and Windows 10 wasn't released to manufacturing until 2015.

I suggest you remove the SSD and put back the HDD which has the original Windows 7 on it.

With laptops especially, you should always check the manufacturer's website for driver availability before changing the pre-installed OS.

Solution