problem with fujitsu notebook, help needed.

G

hello there folks. will appreciate greatly if you can help me out here.

I use a Fujitsu Lifebook C Series. Today, while surfing the net, I suddenly got a blue-screen with the 'fatal error occurred..' message and I was asked to reboot. On rebooting, my monitor did not display anything. The power supply indicator was on however, the hard-disk indicator wasn't and the screen remained blank.

I tried rebooting and reseting, and I received the problems in that the power supply indicator was turned on, but there was no sign of any activity from the harddrive indicator.

What do you think is the problem, and what do you suggest I should do? Thanks in advance for all assistance.

Happy New Year.

G

well if you knew the manufacturer and model of the hard drive (maybe it's fujitsu but maybe not), you might be able to run a diagnostics from a floppy. If you feel comfortable opening the thing up, you can check to see if it is still connected properlly. I would also think you would call Fujitsu and say hey this thing is working right..

***Hey I run Intel... but let's get real***

G

Before you do anything, I would see if you can boot up from a floppy, if you can then do a fdisk and see if you can find the hdd, if you cant locate the hdd then there is your problem, if you can then check the bios settings and see if the sys auto detects the hdd, if it does and it is ok, then I would start thinking about maybe a virus