• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Problem with fullscreen vs window borderless

Nov 20, 2019
Hi,

So my issue has been persistent for a long while back and have sort of found solution but only patches rather than fixes. My issues is with any games I play, every single games I get consistent frame slow down or microstutter. The best I can describe it as is my frames start normal but then slow down and stutter the remainder of the game unless i switch out of fullscreen. To remedy my problem I found a sort of solution which is to play on borderless. However the complete issue is still present but slightly minor compared to fullscreen.

I tried using RTSS thinking maybe I cannot maintain the desired frame rate however the more I lower the frame rate cap the more noticeable the stuttering become (In fullscreen mode). It works okay on borderless. I turn freesync on and off but the issues still persists and vsync on or off but still not much of a change(I keep it on). I've also tried DDU multiple times in safe mode and have tried some drivers but none of those have changed anything. Lowering resolution also has no effect.

Again, I'm not sure what the issue is and as hoping someone knew of a fix they have tried or could help with this.

Here's a list of my specs:
MB: Asus Prime z270-P
GPU: AMD RX 5700-XT (Sapphie Nitro+)
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K (4.2ghz)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 C16 2x4GB
Hard drive: WD Blue 1TB (2012)
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
Power supply: EVGA 650w g2 gold power supply
Monitor: XG270HU @144hz

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS