Problem with Gaming and watching movie using extended desktop and Nvidias DSR

jok3sta

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
Ok so my issue is this. I have My PC connected to my Monitor and my television so I can game while someone else watches a movie or whatever. My monitor is 1920x1200 (but I use nvidias DSR to upscale some games) and the tv is 1920x1080. When using extended desktop mode, I cannot do both in full screen. Once I run the game, both screens go black for a second and then the video on the secondary screen gets all messed up. It plays and everything but its not taking up the entire screen anymore. More like 1/3rd. If I click on the secondary screen, both screens go black and then the main display gets all wonky and zoomed in. What I think is the problem is that since the desktop is being extended, it isn't allowing me to run fullscreen on the main monitor. It tries to extend the window over into the secondary screen. Since im using DSR i have to run the game in fullscreen because it is being down-sampled from a higher resolution. If I dont the game is too large for the screen. I guess my question is, is there a way to maintain fullscreen on both monitors independantly with DSR enable in the game? I should point out that if I run the game at the native resolution, I still get the black screen for a second but both seem to fit in the screen fine. Thank you in advance for any help.