[SOLVED] Problem with gpu or something else?

Aug 10, 2020
I recently bought a used Gtx 1080 however when under load during games and benchmarking it will freeze then close the application, sometimes it will show artifacts for a split second before freezing. The pc will still remain on every time. I have tried this on 2 different systems with same result. Any ideas what could be the problem?

Solution
Was the previous gpu in use AMD or an older Nvidia card? Then run DDU.

It was purchased off eBay however the seller is ignoring my messages and eBay themselves are being unhelpful.
Lovely... already not looking good... Be prepared to hail eBay, who should be taking your side, for a return of your cash - that ought to get that seller's attention.
This looks like one of those cases of a miner trying to cut their losses from having jumped on the mining train too late.
Aug 10, 2020
full system spec? include make and model of the psu

cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
I7 8700k
Msi z370 sli plus
32gb ram 2400mhz hyper
Corsair HX650 psu
Inno3d Gtx 1080 ichill x3
corsair h80i cooler

Gpu load 98-100%, temps went to high 70s before the game (Fortnite) crashed. Cpu temps around 60.

Aug 10, 2020
Clean install of gpu drivers was done using Display Driver Uninstaller?

Source of this 2nd hand gpu?
I only just did a fresh install of windows then downloaded the drivers from Nvidia

It was purchased off eBay however the seller is ignoring my messages and eBay themselves are being unhelpful.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

Lovely... already not looking good... Be prepared to hail eBay, who should be taking your side, for a return of your cash - that ought to get that seller's attention.
This looks like one of those cases of a miner trying to cut their losses from having jumped on the mining train too late.

Solution
Aug 10, 2020

I’ll run DDU and give an update

And yeah in completely gutted that I wasted my money on this when I could have purchased a new rtx 2060 super for $100 more