Problem with gpu video settings

goga12

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2014
Ok so i have a powercolor R9270x it is conncected to my monitor by dvi cable.This morning turned pc on it said no display so got a vga cable and its connecter now it is working on the vga/dvi port.My question is how do i get it back to work on the dvi cable only?cause went from 1366 display to 1024.

Solution
i got it working again with the dvi connection.Installed the amd software for the gpu again and connected both cables.It picked up both after that so went with the dvi cable

If I understood correctly, you have a vga cable connected now to your monitor. You might have a defective dvi port to your GPU or a defective DVI cable. If it's possible, try and connect another monitor to the DVI port with the existing dvi cable and see if it works. You can also try another DVI cable. If all of those don't work, then you have a faulty DVI port on the GPU

goga12

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2014
i got it working again with the dvi connection.Installed the amd software for the gpu again and connected both cables.It picked up both after that so went with the dvi cable

Solution