[SOLVED] Problem with GPU (VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE)

SubukXV

Reputable
Apr 9, 2019
Hey,

so basically i started having some issues around 2 weeks ago. My pc started lagging and when i had some audio going on it was like cracking. So after a minute i got a blue screen with the message:

Stop code: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE
What failed: nvlddmkm.sys

After searching for it i learned that it is a gpu failure, and the nvlddmkm.sys error stands for nvidia (i have gtx 1080ti) I have all the latest drivers, windows updates etc. It didnt happen between switching any of it.
And right now i can see that my gpu heats up to 80'C no matter what im doing. And also with having Teamspeak 3, Opera GX with a couple tabs opened and Rust in the menu im having 98% gpu usage which is weird.
When i launch my PC first time in the day, it starts to do the cracking and lagging almost a minute after logging in. I have to restart my pc in order for it to work normally.

Thanks for all comments, have a nice day!

Solution
remove all graphics related drivers, settings, & files with DDU.
then install the latest package directly from Nvidia.

if the issue persists or other related issues continue you can also try a fresh OS install.

SubukXV

Reputable
Apr 9, 2019
Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum
CPU: I7-8700K
GPU: Asus GTX 1080 Ti
MOBA: Asus ROG STRIX Z-370F Gaming
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000 MHz
SSD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
HDD: Toshiba P300, 2 tb + 3tb

SubukXV

Reputable
Apr 9, 2019
I viewed Windows logs in Event Viewer and i get a Critical Error

Source: DriverFrameworks-UserMode
Task Category: User-mode Driver Problems

The device HID-compliant headset (location (unknown)) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

View: https://imgur.com/a/KuVwtko