[SOLVED] Problem with GPU

ImBLIND

Commendable
Feb 24, 2021
Hello! I have bought a HP PC to do some light gaming and for work. It has the fallowing specs:
-Intel Core I5-3470
-16GB DDR3
-500GB HDD
-250GB SSD
-The normal HP power supply and mother board

I got it home and put an RX 550 in it and tried to turn it on. It did turn on but it did not output a signal onto the display. I took out the GPU and plugged the VGA cable onto the onboard video and it turned on and worked normally. I have an adaptor for the cable (DVI-D to VGA) I then put the GPU back in and it turned on, off and back on. It did not post again. I tried using a fresh install of windows 10 but it did not work. If anyone knows how to fix this I will be thankful.

Solution
Well I have switched out my old monitor for a new one that has DVI-D and HDMI and the PC now works good with no problems. Thanks again for helping me out!

ImBLIND

Commendable
Feb 24, 2021
very possibly due to the cheap\low quality OEM power supplies that are provided with these types of pre-built systems.

i would definitely recommend something highly rated and not risk your other internal components being damaged.
Thanks for the reply John. I'm using the PC right now to write this (with the iGPU). 15 minutes ago I tried resetting the bios (in the menu and removing the CMOS battery). I just cant get it to work. Tomorrow I will try the RX 550 on my old PC. And also the fans spin and turn on for a few seconds and then turn off and the cycle repeats.