Problem with graphics card ( because of star wars the old republic )

Dima Kadima

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015
Hi

So I have downloaded star wars the old republic to try it out and as soon as i enter the game my screen goes black with the message : not optimum mode recommend mode 1920 x 1080, but as it appears in most google images it is not a small text box in the middle of the screen, my whole screen turn black with the message hovering around it ( like an idle monitor, as shown in the short youtube video I found )

Now that is not the last of the problem, the real problem is when i reboot my computer only to find out I cant even reach the bios screen or see any screen at all as this message now appears as soon as my pc turns on! I try to clear cmos and and reset my monitor setting with another computer but same problem persists.

Luckily I had my old graphics card around and the computer turn on normal again and I thought maybe it wasn't the game but this problem occured all of a sudden with my graphic card, so I decided to boot up the game again and there we go the error message comes up again, I was so fraustrated at that moment and went on to restart my computer to find out it actually still works and it is not stuck in the optimum error thing and I just went on to delete the game.

So right now I am stuck with my old graphics card and the new one is back in its box, does anyone know a way I can fix it or should i take it to the shop and use my warranty?

PashConscious

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
I'm just currently reinstalling everything to my fresh W7 install.

I wonder what it could have been? I went through all the usual driver maintenance (safe mode, DDU, old drivers) and nothing!

Dima Kadima

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015
I try system restore but I cant get it to work... keeps saying my antivirus is working or something and i permanently shut it down...

I am not sure why my GTX 560 card is working and my 960 doesn't... what did the game do!

Dima Kadima

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015

I thought about VGA alredy but I do not have the right adapter for it ( connecting the normal blue one from my monitor to motherboard doesnt seem to work for some reason but there is another white entry which i do not have a cable for )

My pc boots as normal with all sounds and I actually hear the windows coming up and all but same as before, I cant see anything on the screen

PashConscious

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
Boot into Safe Mode (hammer F8 on startup) and roll the driver back to Standard VGA (it'll still work through HDMI, DVI etc) and uninstall Nvidia Drivers using a driver removal tool (DDU works well).

Then Windows will load, albeit with only basic video drivers. Then install 364.72 driver version from Nvidia website.

This may not fix the problem but it might do. If not, clean windows install.

Do you over clock your GPU btw? Also, were you running the game through the regular client?

Dima Kadima

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015

For some reason I cant even access bios now or any of the usual starting screens when you turn on your computer.

When i turn my computer on i wait around 15 seconds and than my windows boots up, I dont even see all the starting screens ( the one with all computer details and second one with the windows loading bar )

this is really weird

PashConscious

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
So no visual at all? Tried another HDMI cable?

Without a bios screen, you likely have a hardware problem unrelated to the actually hardware e.g. Bad connector, bad wires, issues with VDU

If it were an integral part of the computer you probably wouldn't get the Windows sound, which basically means your PC has posted and booted up correctly. My problem only manifested AFTER Windows loaded, I had all the normal screens and so on in safe mode.

Any beeps during the startup procedure? Your MOBO may not have come with a system speaker, I'd recommend getting one of and when you sort this issue out, it's the last line of communication for a PC if something is wrong.

Sorry I couldn't be more help buddy.