Question Problem with graphics on my new PC

Sep 17, 2020
Hi everyone !

I purchased a new comptuer from NZXT a couple of months ago. I have noticed that the graphics don't look "sharp" enough, like everything is in standard definition instead of HD.

The PC is brand new, and has a fresh install of Windows 10, Home Edition on it.
I have reinstalled the drivers to both of my GPUs using DDU, but get the same result. I have unseated and replaced the GPUs, same thing. I have also changed GPUs, from a MSI GeForce 2070 Super, to a NVIDIA GeForce 2060 Super, but get the same results.

Both monitors (and DP cables) worked fine on my other PC. The resolution is at the recommended setting for both (2560x1440, 165 Hz overclocked). Monitors are an ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q and a Dell S2417DG. I also have a MSI Z390-A PRO motherboard. I can give you a complete system breakdown if necessary.

I have contacted NVIDIA and MSI support, but both were unable to find a solution. MSI said that it might be my mobo, but they are not certain. Before I go and change my mobo, which is a MSI MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE, I would like to know if there are other tests I could try out. Maybe something in Windows? Maybe something else?

I am fresh out of ideas and would love some assistance. Thank you for reading!

Denis

Sep 17, 2020
are you able to test the graphics card on another PC ?

do a full backup of the other PC before tinking with drivers. that way you can restore your system easily.
a good software for that is macrium free.

Thanks for the answer.
Sadly, no. I gave my old PC to my nephew, and I don't have one lying around the house.

Sep 17, 2020
Have you updated your drivers and is Windows fully up to date? Start there first. Don't stop updating Windows until you're at the current version, which should be 2004. Then install any patches and driver updates that are available.

Thanks for the answer.
I've done that and I'm on version 2004. Still nothing has changed.