Question Problem with hard drive

Jun 20, 2020
Just got a brand new seagate 2tb hard drive because the original was getting smart errors, I’ve installed the new one and transferred files over, however when i unplug the old one it won’t boot even if the boot order is correct and I’m getting smart errors even though I’ve checked with crystal and it’s completely fine .

Just got a brand new seagate 2tb hard drive because the original was getting smart errors, I’ve installed the new one and transferred files over, however when i unplug the old one it won’t boot even if the boot order is correct and I’m getting smart errors even though I’ve checked with crystal and it’s completely fine .

When you installed Windows I'm guessing you had the other drive in, try to manually select the M.2 drive as the boot using the boot menu, but you may need to do a repair setup of Windows with only the boot drive in to make sure all the files are only on that drive.

Jun 20, 2020
i tried to reinstall but it said this pc does not require windows 10 or something, so ive just update my bios and ive taken out the new hard drive ive bought and its booted straight to desktop no errors. however when i have my new one in which is cloned of the old one it says no OS found. so im not sure....

popatim

Titan
I suspect some wrong setting in the clone process then. Which utility & procedure did you use?

Boot with the old drive installed, run disk management, host screenshots on a sharing site, such as imgur, and then provide us link to them please.