Question Problem with Hdmi (4k HDR)

Aug 27, 2020
Hi, I just started using my 4k samsung tv as a second screen because my main monitor is only 1080p. With the first hdmi I tried, the framerate was locked on 30fps and every time I turned on the hdr setting on the tv I lost signal until I turned it off. Then I tried with another one and the refresh rate problem was fixed but I still lost signal everytime I turned on Hdr on the Tv. I think the problem could be that the cables are too long, as I need it to be 25ft long to reach the tv but i'm not sure if it's that.

I'm using a Gtx 1080, Nvidia drivers and windows are updated and the Tv is 4k hdr and compatible with hdmi 2.0

Please help. Thanks for reading

Sep 16, 2020
HDMI 2.0 doesnt support HDR, and usually TVs use a different "measurement" for Hz so it could be that it wont be 60hz either, but not sure about that one. HDMI 2.0 is your problem here

Aug 27, 2020
I guess a 2.0b should work.
Do you think lenght will be a problem?

HDMI 2.0 doesnt support HDR, and usually TVs use a different "measurement" for Hz so it could be that it wont be 60hz either, but not sure about that one. HDMI 2.0 is your problem here

Sep 16, 2020
I mean it could be but usually length is just an issue for latency, unless your trying to play FPS games you should be perfectly fine im using a 15m (around 50ft~) cable at home and it works perfectly fine, latency cant be recognized at that point

Aug 27, 2020
I mean it could be but usually length is just an issue for latency, unless your trying to play FPS games you should be perfectly fine im using a 15m (around 50ft~) cable at home and it works perfectly fine, latency cant be recognized at that point
Thanks!!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS