Problem with HDMI connection between laptop and tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmad140

Reputable
Feb 22, 2015
Yesterday I got a new TV (SAMSUNG 48inches). I connected my laptop to the TV via HDMI cable, but I get a problem. Anything on the pc's screen doesn't appear on TV and anything that I open afterwards appears on tv but not on the laptop. I tried replacing the hdmi cable, but I still have the same problem. My brother's laptop works perfectly with the Tv (so the problem is not with the TV itself) and my same laptop works perfectly when connected to another TV (also SAMSUNG but 50 inches, so the problem isn't from my laptop). This is driving me nuts. Any solutions?

Solution
Did you try cycling through the laptops options. There should be a key on one of the numbers (usually the 5 or 8) that it plus the fn key will cylce between laptop only, laptop and tv, and tv only. I would also go into graphics control pannel and make sure it is cloning the display and not trying to extend it (if you switched to TV only this would not be a factor).
Did you try cycling through the laptops options. There should be a key on one of the numbers (usually the 5 or 8) that it plus the fn key will cylce between laptop only, laptop and tv, and tv only. I would also go into graphics control pannel and make sure it is cloning the display and not trying to extend it (if you switched to TV only this would not be a factor).

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS