Problem with HDMI

rednaxgniztem

Reputable
Apr 2, 2018
I built myself a new PC about a month ago. With some minor troubleshooting, it booted fine and I installed everything I wanted. After about 2 weeks, I physically moved my PC to a new location and plugged in the same two monitors (that worked before, mind you) with all the same peripherals. The two monitors I use are a Dell 1907FP and an HP 22cwa. When I booted, VGA (Dell) received the BIOS, Starting Windows, and every output by the PC. When I booted with just the HDMI monitor attached, no signal was sent and I heard the audio of windows booting through my speakers. Swapping HDMI ports didn't help either. After I uninstalled and reinstalled my graphics drivers EIGHT CONSECUTIVE TIMES, on the eighth uninstall / reboot, I got HDMI signal. After reinstall, everything went back to normal. Next day comes around, and what do you know, no signal to HDMI overnight. I reinstall my drivers again, and it works on the fifth try. Next day, reinstalling the drivers did not work at all. After some device manager uninstalling and a reinstall of graphics drivers from Windows (instead of NVIDIA), I got signal. This worked for around 3 days, and then it stopped working. Now, no solution that was worked in the past works now. I am out of ideas. Please help!

Computer Parts List:
CPU: Intel i7 7700K
MoBo: ASRock Extreme 4 Z270
RAM: 2 x 8GB GSKILL Trident Z RGB
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 TI (4GB)
HDD: WD Blue 1 TB
PSU: Corsair CX550M
CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Pro 140
Primary Monitor: HP 22cwa (HDMI)
Secondary Monitor: Dell 1907FP (VGA)

rednaxgniztem

Reputable
Apr 2, 2018

No, that also does not work. TV does not detect an output. :(

rednaxgniztem

Reputable
Apr 2, 2018

I also tried removing it, booting without it, then reinstalling it into the same PCI slot, to no avail. I also tried the other slot on my motherboard, which also didn't work.

rednaxgniztem

Reputable
Apr 2, 2018

Would that be included in the box the GPU came in if it did come with one at all?

no. HDMI cables come with monitors/tvs, or you buy them yourself.

TRENDING THREADS