Problem with HP Elitepad 900 G1

Piskot

Reputable
Nov 9, 2014
I have a problem with the mentioned tablet. I installed a fresh copy of Windows 8.1 on it today, and nothing on it works. The touchscreen doesn´t work, the sound doesn´t work, the wireless network doesn´t work. It seems as though the tablet doesn´t detect these devices (they aren´t in the Device manager and when I install drivers it sais they are missing). What should I do?

P.S. I tried installing windows 10 also and all the devices worked fine, but it lagged a lot as the tablet is too weak for win 10

Isaac in Duluth MN

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2014

Tom's Hardware is a resource, it needs good people answering computer questions in it! That said, drivers can be difficult, but as long as you have another computer to download them onto, then stick them onto a USB drive, you should be fine. Typically the USB 3 high speed ports may not work right away in some cases, if your model supports them, just use the USB 2 ports in that case. Drivers come from the manufacturer, in an ideal case, I go direct to the support site, in this case http://www.support.hp.com and click the drivers tab. Happy computing :D

TRENDING THREADS